I am sure you will all be delighted to learn that the course will re-open this Wednesday 13th May. I think after 6 weeks of lockdown we are all keen to get out there and swing a club.
We have had a Committee on Monday night and have agreed the following arrangements for the return to golf.
We appreciate that there will be high demand for the course and to ensure that everyone gets the opportunity to play we are limiting golf to a 9 hole round initially and a maximum of three game per week. This will enable us to have a two ball to tee off from the 1st and a second 2 ball to tee off from the 10th allowing maximum use of the course.
All bookings have been removed from BRS and the system will open tonight (Tuesday) at 5.30pmwith new ten minute tee times. Members will only be able to book 7 days in advance. BRS is set up for four players per tee time so players 1 and 2 will tee off from the 1st tee and players 3 and 4 will tee off from the 10th. The new rules state that two players, not necessarily from the same household can play together as long as social distancing is observed. Only members will be allowed to book and names must be put against the tee time. Any member unable to play on the day must ring and notify the pro shop as soon as possible.
To ensure the health and safety of our members and staff we ask that you adhere to the following:
* Contactless payments only for green fees or shop purchases
* Maximum of 2 persons in the shop at any one time
* There will be no hire of club buggies or trolleys. Members can access their own buggies but must be responsible for there sanitation
* Members can access their trolleys on first visit but must then take them home
* Practice ground, putting greens and practice nets will be out of use for the time being
* There will be no rakes in bunkers, members are asked to smooth sand with foot or club
* Hands free ball extractors have been fitted to each flag to eliminate the need to touch the flag sticks
* The Clubhouse and locker rooms will remain closed for now and there will be no toilet facilities available
* Members teeing off from the 10th tee must come past the pro shop and check in and not go through the yard
The Committee will be monitoring the situation over the coming weeks and taking advice from the R & A and England Golf and any further changes will be relayed to you.
If any members are still to pay their 2020 fees please contact the office by Wednesday as all those members who have not renewed will be resigned from the system and unable to use the course. Members who have paid will be able to collect their 2020 sticker and fixture booklet from the Pro shop on their first visit., Please ensure that you display your member disc on your golf bag as we have a Course Ranger this year who will be patrolling the course.
Finally, let’s just get out there and enjoy a round of golf, I think we all deserve it, but please be mindful of social distancing and staying safe!
Steve Halsall (Chairman)
For and on behalf of the Committee
While the course has been closed Ian and Geoff have been undertaking what the authorities class as essential work to ensure the course is ready to be played once the lockdown is over. These jobs include mowing of all the playing areas when necessary and light maintenance on the greens and tee areas such as verti-cutting, top dressing and any essential spraying.
Below are a few pictures that have been taken over the last couple of weeks to show some of the work carried out and the condition of the golf course.
As you can see from the photos the golf course is looking in very good condition and we look forward to seeing you all on the course hopefully very soon, in the meantime stay safe.
The green staff